|Stop Shot is a patented system that turns ordinary glass into security glass that can stop bullets and protect against bomb blasts. It works by applying a special proprietary polymer coating to multiple layers of glass to increase the tensile strength of the glass and by having an air gap in between the sheets to absorb the energy of the shock wave from the bullet or blast. In most cases the energy produced actually vaporises the bullet.
This patented system offers property and personal protection against terrorism, crime, violent weather and accidents. Stop Shot offers a proven bullet resistance up to Class R2 Rating and has been tested to a 10 psi blast load from a 1000-pound TNT bomb and assigned a GSA Hazard Level 4 or Low Hazard rating (on 6mm glass).
The Stop Shot system has an application wherever glass is located in an area that is at risk of ballistic, blast or intruder attack.
• VIP protection
• Military Personnel
• Valuable and/or vulnerable infrastructure – (Searchlights, floodlights, computer rooms)
• Personnel at cash points – Banks, Service stations, convenience stores.
• Personnel at checkpoints – Guardhouses, security kiosks, Boom gate booths.
• As above Plus
• Icon Landmarks.
• Public areas – railway stations, entertainment or sporting venues.
• Political targets – at risk multi national organizations, representatives of unpopular regimes. (E.g. McDonalds restaurants attacked during WTO demonstrations, French restaurants targeted during the period of French nuclear testing, Western interests in Saudi Arabia)
• Neighbours of political targets
• Data storage facilities
• Correctional facilities
• Retail outlets where cash is handled.
In addition, Stop Shot has been installed at a maintenance workshop after a metal bolt was ‘fired’ through a jet engine into a glassed office area.